[XML-SIG] pyexpat.c does not compile with Python2.1a2

Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:44:29 +0100

> The calls to PyCode_New and PyFrame_New in pyexpat.c need to be updated to
> include the addition of the freevars and cellvars arguments that were added
> to PyCode_New and  closure that was added to PyFrame_New

Thanks for the reminder. The pyexpat copy in 2.0a2 already had these
changes, yet in a manner that only worked for the modified API. I have
modified both copies of pyexpat.c to support the 2.0a2 API.

pyexpat.c has good chances of being the Python module with the highest
number of independently-maintained copies; a third copy lives in the
Zope CVS.

People building PyXML might not have noticed the problem, setup.py
won't build pyexpat if it finds that the Python one is good enough.

Regards,
Martin