[XML-SIG] Minidom bugs/questions

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 14:22:09 -0500

Thanks to Martin and Uche, I've gathered confidence and checked in my
changes to minidom and pulldom in the Python tree.  (Are there also
PyXML versions?  Someone should update them too then.)

I'll leave it to Martin to add code to raise hell when
createDocument() is passed an empty qualified name, and also to change
pulldom to do the right thing when it in fact passes a non-null
qualified name: The code in startDocument() looks like it would insert
two document elements if self._locator is set and its getPublicId()
returns a non-null qualified name.  I don't know how to fix that, or
how common this is.

(My checkin comment has a bug: it claims that hasAttributes() is DOM
level 3, but it is really level 2.)