[XML-SIG] PIRXX status

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:18:09 +0200

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:40:35 -0700, Brian Quinlan wrote:

>Which type of parsing will work e.g. parsing to DOM and proxying to
>Python, SAX?

For starters, SAX parsing via a Python SAX2 driver.

What will follow is SAX bridges (feeding C++ SAX into Python is part of =

the SAX driver already, feeding Python SAX into a C++ handler will be
possible too). A DOM wrapper is also planned.

In a nutshell, the original goals still hold true (note the last point):=

    - Make Xerces available as a PyXML parser (make_parser interface)
    - Bridge between Python and C++ SAX streams
    - Wrap Xerces DOM in a way compatible to 4DOM
    - Wrap the XalanTransformer class, then adapt to common Python
      interfaces on that basis
    - Provide an interface to XSLT extension functions written in Python=

      (code for that is already existing at WEB.DE AG)
    - Coordinate efforts with Pyana

>The problem is that we can only do these kinds of things (with any
>degree of safety) if we merge the two extensions into one binary. Is
>that something that we should discuss?

There are solutions that do NOT require such a merge, but a merge might =

be reasonable anyway. For now, I'll focus on getting the most important =

stuff in regarding Xerces only, and then worry about integration.

If you need something dearly, don't hesitate to yell though.

Ciao, J=FCrgen