[XML-SIG] PIRXX status

Brian Quinlan brian@sweetapp.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:40:35 -0700

> Input source mapping and the error handler work, so the only
> essential thing missing is the content handler, i.e. by
> tomorrow evening we should have a working Xerces parser.

Which type of parsing will work e.g. parsing to DOM and proxying to
Python, SAX? I'm wondering because I would love to special-case Xerces
DOMs as an input type in Pyana (1). Also, Pyana, for DOM output,
generates and proxies a Xerces DOM (2). It would be great if the user
could hand that to PIRXX for further processing (e.g. for validation).

The problem is that we can only do these kinds of things (with any
degree of safety) if we merge the two extensions into one binary. Is
that something that we should discuss?

(1) Pyana is a Python interface to the Xalan XSLT processor.
docs: http://pyana.sourceforge.net/docs/
sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyana

(2) Not checked-in to CVS yet. Hopefully before the end of the week
(fingers crossed).

Cheers,
Brian