[XML-SIG] Processing of External Unparsed Entities

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:18:40 +0200

> The code for processing external unparsed entities appears to be broken
> in the current code, both in DOM1 and DOM2 (I am currently using DOM1 to
> do development). Has anyone exercised this or tested it? Should it be
> working?

It somewhat depends on the parser that you use, whether the SAX
readers report the proper events. I think it is fair to say that this
has seen little or no testing. So, even if you cannot contribute code
that fixes all the problems, contributing test cases is worthwhile.

> Fixing that, I then discovered that the DOM implementation object was an
> HTMLDOMImplementation, which doesn't seem right (but maybe it's my
> error)?

That is OK. In the DOM, an HTMLDOMImplementation is a
DOMImplementation that also supports HTML.

> Anyway, at that point, the call to createEntity() failed because
> HTMLDOMImplementation has no such method.

This is not surprising: There is no operation "createEntity" in the
DOM...

Regards,
Martin