[XML-SIG] Processing of External Unparsed Entities

W. Eliot Kimber eliot@isogen.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:39:28 -0500

The code for processing external unparsed entities appears to be broken
in the current code, both in DOM1 and DOM2 (I am currently using DOM1 to
do development). Has anyone exercised this or tested it? Should it be
working? I'm looking at the latest code off the SourceForge CVS tree.

I've tried to trace through and get it to work, but I got as far as the
unparsedEntityDecl() method of XmlDomGenerator (in Sax.py). It was being
called with too many arguments, and the code as written didn't have a
"name" attribute, which an entity declaration obviously must have.

Fixing that, I then discovered that the DOM implementation object was an
HTMLDOMImplementation, which doesn't seem right (but maybe it's my
error)? Anyway, at that point, the call to createEntity() failed because
HTMLDOMImplementation has no such method.

I have only a dim understanding of how the Python DOM code works, but
I'm happy to take a stab at fixing it as I must be able to processing
external data entities in order to implement HyTime address resolution
in a DOM processing context.

Thanks,

Eliot

W. Eliot Kimber | Lead Brain

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX  78752
    T 512.656.4139 |  F 512.419.1860 | eliot@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m