[XML-SIG] RDF Parser -> PyXML

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:10:07 +0200

> I think that the result of this discussion between you and me will be "agree
> to disagree", so I'd like to hear from others.

I know nothing about RDF, so I can't comment from an architectural
point of view. However, I think I can represent or understand the
following positions.

1. PyXML user who also uses RDF. I'd certainly appreciate if I had to
   install only a single package, not two - unless the release
   schedule for PyXML would compromise timely delivery of RDF code
   updates.

2. PyXML user who does not use RDF. I would not care if RDF code was
   included in PyXML, as long that does not consume an intolerable
   percentage of the entire package (which would be bad for download
   times and disk consumption).

3. PyXML maintainer and packager. I appreciate contributions from
   whoever is willing to contribute, as long as it is open source, and
   as long there is willingness to maintain the contribution for the
   months (and years) to come. My biggest concern is that the original
   author runs away and leaves me with all the bug reports.

Regards,
Martin