[XML-SIG] question...

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:57:40 +0200

> I'm sure this is some ignorance on my part.

Hard to say, with as little information as you've provided.

> I'm having a small problem getting some of the demos included with the
> python xml package to run.  I've installed the latest version from
> sourceforge and confirmed that all the files are installed in
> /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/
> but when I try do use the statement from xml.sax.saxutils import escape I
> get an error.

It would be helpful if you could report exactly what error you get,
best with a full traceback as reported by python, copying that
literally from the terminal where you have tried executing the code in
question.

> I can "import xml" or even "from xml.sax import saxutils" I just can't
> import escape or any function for that matter.

When you do

>>> from xml.sax import saxutils
>>> saxutils
<module 'xml.sax.saxutils' from '/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/xml/sax/saxutils.pyc'>

what do you get? If you look at the source file of the module
(/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/xml/sax/saxutils.py in my case),
can you spot the escape function?

Regards,
Martin