[XML-SIG] question...

Sloan Poe mrklaw@mindless.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:46:18 -0400 (EDT)

--684802-1804289383-987612378=:4739

--Please respond to me directly as I am not on the list--

I'm having a small problem getting some of the demos included with the
python xml package to run.  I've installed the latest version from
sourceforge and confirmed that all the files are installed in
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/
but when I try do use the statement from xml.sax.saxutils import escape I
get an error.

I can "import xml" or even "from xml.sax import saxutils" I just can't
import escape or any function for that matter.
I'm trying to run one of the scripts in the xbel dir.  I can get it to work
on one computer but not on a computer with an almost identical
installation.

I'm sure this is some ignorance on my part.

thanks in advance for your help.

--684802-1804289383-987612378=:4739

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:Mr. R. Sloan Poe, Jr.
TITLE:Web Programmer
ORG:Warren Wilson College;Web Crew
ADR;DOM;PARCEL;WORK:;6294 Warren Wilson College;701 Warren Wilson Road;Swannanoa;NC;28778;
LABEL;POSTAL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:6294 Warren Wilson College=0D=0A=
701 Warren Wilson Road=0D=0A=
Swannanoa, NC 28778
ADR;DOM;POSTAL;WORK:;6294 Warren Wilson College;P.O. Box 9000;Asheville;NC;28815-9000;
LABEL;POSTAL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:6294 Warren Wilson College=0D=0A=
P.0. Box 9000=0D=0A=
Asheville, NC 28815-9000
TEL;Home;VOICE;MESG;PREF:1-828-771-5906
EMAIL;Internet:mrklaw@mindless.com