[XML-SIG] Python Wrapper for Xerces/Xalan

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:53:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Thanks. Those tools look very interesting, but doesn't FourThought
> offer pretty much the same or even a superset of these tools ?

Yes, of course. Some of the great strength of 4Suite is 4RDF and DbDom
(and of course 4SuiteServer). And of course, writing XSLT extensions in
python.

However, having used Xalan as a simple command line XSLT engine, when
it comes to pure speed, things are just not the same. Xalan is several
orders of magnitude faster, so I guess that for a number of applications,
having the choice is a Good Thing.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).