[XML-SIG] Python Wrapper for Xerces/Xalan

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:04:40 +0200

Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
> > Could you provide pointers to Xerces and Xalan ?
>
> The starting point is http://xml.apache.org/
>
> You'll get http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html and
> http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/index.html quite rapidly. These are the C++
> implementations. There are also Java implementations, that could be
> interesting for users of JPython, since I believe 4Suite is not available
> on this platform.

Thanks. Those tools look very interesting, but doesn't FourThought
offer pretty much the same or even a superset of these tools ?

BTW, the ICU OSS project (*) hosted by IBM seems an interesting target
for Python as well -- now that we have Unicode-support in the
core, I guess hooking up Python with ICU should be easy ;-)

(*) http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/
    "International Components for Unicode"

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg