[XML-SIG] XML howto update for Python 2.0?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:01:02 -0400 (EDT)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > The *HOWTO* was updated together with PyXML 0.6.1. It does explain
 > things that work only with PyXML (e.g. 4DOM), but the SAX part works
 > almost unmodified with stock Python 2.0 (except for a single
 > mentioning of DefaultHandler).

  My bad:  I hadn't realized that either had been updated.

 > The *reference manual* is the one that has not been updated for a while.

  As I mentioned about a week ago, I'm planning to work on isolating
the Python bindings from the other reference documentation sometime
after Python 2.1 is out.  I'm not sure exactly when this will happen
(since I have some Expat time scheduled, that really needs some work),
but I expect I'll have preliminary documents available fairly quickly
since they'll be based on the existing documentation.
  The intent is to avoid the relationship with Python's release cycle,
and allow the bindings documents to be more meaningfully referenced
independently.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>