[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.6.1 status, demos, tests

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:52:08 -0600

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 11:22:54PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> >The missing piece for a 0.6.1 release is the test suite. Specifically,
> >the dom tests are not executed, as xml.dom.core is not available
> >anymore. Should these tests be ported to 4DOM?
>
> I vaguely recall that someone at FourThought once asked me if that
> would be OK, but don't know if anyone actually did it.  It would be a
> good idea to port them, since they made some attempt at being
> exhaustive (trying the various error cases, etc.).

Yes, we did check in the test suites, but as Martin points out, they're broken
because they use the now defunct TraceOut module (that's the "Ft" stuff.  Mike
has agreed to tackle some of the task of removing traceouts tonight so I'll
ask hiom if he can start with the 4DOM test suites.  If so, we'll check in the
fix tomorrow.

I'll also move the demos as discussed.