[XML-SIG] Changes in pyexpat.c

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:40:19 -0400 (EDT)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > I've merged a number of files from Python 2.0b2 into PyXML. In most of
 > the changes, I feel pretty safe. However, when merging pyexpat.c, I'm
 > not all that sure that the 2.0b2 version is better in every aspect.

  Are you still supporting Python versions before 2.0?  You may want
to be careful to test using 1.5.2 if so; I think the Python files in
the Python CVS tree use string methods in some places.  We can change
that if needed.

 > If I lost some features by just copying the 2.0b2 version over ours,
 > please let me know what those where, and I'll re-apply them on top of
 > the current PyXML CVS. I've recorded the Python CVS version from which
 > I've started (2.25), so it should be easier to merge the files the
 > next time.

  Perhaps a source comparison would help?  I don't have time to do
that today, but I don't think you're on *that* tight a schedule to get
0.6.1 out -- if it's available by next Monday everyone should be
happy.  ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>