[XML-SIG] Changes in pyexpat.c

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:22:00 +0200

I've merged a number of files from Python 2.0b2 into PyXML. In most of
the changes, I feel pretty safe. However, when merging pyexpat.c, I'm
not all that sure that the 2.0b2 version is better in every aspect.

If I lost some features by just copying the 2.0b2 version over ours,
please let me know what those where, and I'll re-apply them on top of
the current PyXML CVS. I've recorded the Python CVS version from which
I've started (2.25), so it should be easier to merge the files the
next time.

BTW, what is the reason for having
extensions/pyexpat/_checkversion.py?  pyexpat.c had VERSION #define of
1.9, and a comment saying that this should be synchronized with
_checkversion.py, which currently has a version of 1.1. Now that CVS
revision numbers are used for pyexpat.__version__, it appears that
neither of them has any significance. What am I missing?

Regards,
Martin