[XML-SIG] pyexpat v. xml.parsers.expat ?

Paul prescod@prescod.net
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:05:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> Actually, why do we have to have a wrapper? Wouldn't do expat as a
> module name just fine? There is plenty of builtin modules that don't
> start with an underscore: array, binascii, bsddb, gc, to name a few.

Yeah, well, expat ships with Mozilla, Apache, some versions of Perl and
some versions of TCL. If we all chose the "obvious" name you'd end up with
four expat.dll's on a fairly typical Windows machine.

> Good question also. If the module is renamed, code needs to adopt,
> anyway - so just move the exceptions a level up.

I still think that they should be all together in a dictionary but Fred
can do what he wants.

 Paul