[XML-SIG] SAX2 in python20b1 usable?

16 Sep 2000 12:23:58 +0200

* prescod@prescod.net

| I'm just nervous that it sounds like you have big plans and we are
| very short of time and have a lot of dependencies (minidom and
| pulldom depend on SAX, the docs depend on SAX and so forth). Is it
| just a matter of changing a few method signatures back?

Basically, yes.  I outlined what I planned to do in this message

and this is still the plan. The main changes are to the Attributes
object.

I would also like to add back make_parser and perhaps make some minor
reorganizations. I seem to recall that I added some weird inherited
methods to do with incremental parsing that just add needless
complexity when there's only one parser to deal with.

That's more or less it (apart from the test suite), as far as I can
remember. I will sit down now to look at this more closely and
hopefully have something more detailed on Monday.

| Guido is talking about dropping XML from Python 2 so we've got to be
| a little strict. It's my fault if the current package is too far
| from what you want but we don't have time to add in a lot of stuff.

Not that it's all that interesting, but I think we can share the blame
evenly, at the very least.

--Lars M.