Fw: [XML-SIG] consolidation?

Alexandre Fayolle alf@logilab.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:21:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com wrote:

> > the spec that was not defined in 4DOM. The only trick I found is that
> > there is no DocumentTraversal class, because everything already is in
> > Docuement.
>
> Ah, but note that DOML2 does not mandate a DocumentTraversal class but a
> DocumentTraversal _interface_.

You're right.

> We just happen to implement that interface on a class that also implements the
> Document interface (and others).  This is perfectly legal DOM and quite common
> OO practice.
>
> I tend to think it makes life easier for implementing and usage.

I could not agree more on that. Since Python knows nothin about casts,
this was indeed the best choice you could make.

And then, I can't help thinkink you're teasing me, because you perfectly
know how happy we are with 4DOM at Logilab ;o) [BtW, you can register on
our web site to be informed when we release our product]

> > On the other hand, I've been mainly using DOM core and DOM traversal, so
> > maybe there are issues I have not been able to notice ?
>
> We treat DOML2 incompatabilities as bugs.  There are a few minor compatability
> bugs here and there.  For instance we use Python's string which is not really
> conformant to the DOMString interface because it does not have clean unicode
> manipulation.  This should hopefully be addressed when we mobe to Python 2.

I'd like to add that all the known minor incompatibilities are documented
in the distribution, so there are no surprises.

> We're happy to know of any other bugs.

Be assured that we'll let you know if we manage to find some.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" -