[XML-SIG] How to proceed

17 Oct 2000 13:41:47 +0200

* Martin v. Loewis

| I'm all in favour of a bazaar-style operation (release early,
| release often). I'm willing to help as I can to allow Lars to
| release his stuff through PyXML. If he thinks parts of it are not
| ready for consumption by the typical PyXML user, then having
| different SF projects might provide the right balance between
| releasing early and committing to specific API too early (not that
| PyXML will guarantee stable API in all modules - Python 2.0 is there
| for stable documented API).

In general, I think xmlproc fits in well with the XML-SIG stuff.

saxlib (as I now envision it) would probably also fit in there.

dtddoc and rsskit are XML applications rather than XML infrastructure,
and so are substantially different from the other two.  They are also
much less mature as ideas and I will probably not develop these as
actively as the other two.

The only reason I can see for not including xmlproc is that I would
like to be able to basically develop it the way I want, and add
whatever features I like and at my own speed.  If you think that would
work just as well under the XML-SIG umbrella then I think we can do
that.

--Lars M.