[XML-SIG] Moving DOM node hierarchies

Clarence Gardner clarence@netlojix.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:44:55 -0700

I have a program in which a bunch of unrelated functions return a
node hierarchy to a central function, which then wants to package them
all up into a document and send it on its way.  Unfortunately, I'm
getting WRONG_DOCUMENT errors when I do this, because each of the trees
was generated using a throw-away document.  It would be obnoxious to have
to create the result document first and then provide it everywhere that
a subtree is created.

Does this seem like a strange way to be going about things?  It seemed
quite reasonable to me.  In fact, I don't understand the reasoning behind
the only-append-in-the-creating-document restriction.  Can anyone shed
light on this?

Thanks.

--
Clarence Gardner