[XML-SIG] Python 1.5 support with PyXML 0.6.2/4Suite0.9.2

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:59:39 -0700

> On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 08:38:56AM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> >Yes.  I too am trying to clarify the sitruation with the unicode
> >package.  Martin von Loewis actually helped with the code you quote, so
> >I'm surprised that he is surprised that we should be expecting the
> >xml.unicode package to still be in PyXML.
>
> The xml.unicode package was dropped in PyXML 0.6.0 back in September,
> so this isn't really news.  That was the major reason for the version
> number change; 0.5.x was the last series compatible with Python 1.5.2,
> and 0.6.x would require the Unicode type from Python 1.6/2.0.

OK.  I guess I must have slept through that conversation.

If Alexander finds that PyXML 0.5.5.1 is fine and stable with 4Suite 0.9.2 and
Python 1.5.2, I think all shall be well.  We can post simple instructions for
the users given the status quo.