[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.6.2

Trond Eivind Glomsrød teg@redhat.com
14 Nov 2000 14:56:57 -0500

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> I just released PyXML 0.6.2, and I'd like to thank all contributors.
>
> ==================
> Version 0.6.2 of the Python/XML distribution is now available.  It
> should be considered a beta release, and can be downloaded from
> the following URLs:
>
> http://download.sourceforge.net/pyxml/PyXML-0.6.2.tar.gz
> http://download.sourceforge.net/pyxml/PyXML-0.6.2.win32-py1.5.exe
> http://download.sourceforge.net/pyxml/PyXML-0.6.2.win32-py2.0.exe
> http://download.sourceforge.net/pyxml/PyXML-0.6.2-1.5.2.i586.rpm
> http://download.sourceforge.net/pyxml/PyXML-0.6.2-2.0.i586.rpm

Is it available form anywhere else? Sourceforge seems to be having
problems...

Also:

> Changes in this version, compared to 0.6.1:
>
> 	* Synchronize with standard library from Python 2.0

But still compatible with Python 1.5.2?

> 	* Updated to 4DOM from 4Suite 0.9.1. This corrects many
> 	errors, see the 4Suite ChangeLog for details. Most notably,
> 	the SAX reader interface has been expanded to support
> 	arbitrary parsers, and a PyExpat reader class was added.

There seem to be multiple files which are common for these two
packages... any hope of a synchronization soon, so no file is part of
both packages? Also, would the best way to deal with this now be to
include the files from PyXML instead of 4Suite when both contain
(possibly different versions of) it?

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.