[XML-SIG] Bug report in DOM: ' instead of " in attribs

09 May 2000 09:48:34 +0200

* Mickael Remond

| I think I have found a bug in the DOM source code (pyMXL
| 0.5.1). This bug prevent me from reading back the XML I have
| written. I was using the XMLproc Saxdriver.  This bug does not seem
| to be corrected in PyXML 0.5.4 release candidate.
|
| The toxml method in the class Element write the attributes with two
| single quotes instead of using two double quotes as this should be
| done usually done in XML.

XML allows both single and double quotes, so this should be perfectly
OK.  Any parser which does not support single quotes is simply broken.
Which XML parser does not allow you to read the document back?  And
can we see the XML that fails?

--Lars M.