[XML-SIG] need a bit clarification

oliver fwang2@yahoo.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:58:37 -0500 (EST)

hi,

I just begin to look at the Python XML package, there seems different
routes for the same task, and please help me clarify:

- From XML-howto, it seems xmllib.py can do both DOM/SAX parsing, is it
  true? and this module does come with python 1.52 distribution, so does
  it mean the "official entry" I should take?

- New distribution on XML-SIG homepage include a interface of Expad
  parser, the primary advantage is the performance side, is this
  understanding correct?

- xmlproc is said written in python and implement only SAX, my guess is it
  has better integration. Does it have plan for DOM?

My other questions is: what the focus of current development effort, if I
were to start a project doing processing (simple parse and action), would
it be sufficient to just stay with xmllib? Any long term concerns?

thanks for your help

oliver