[XML-SIG] pyexpat checked in

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:23:29 -0500 (EST)

The pyexpat module has now been checked in to the Python CVS tree, and
a little test suite that exercises most (I hope all) of the handlers
has been added.  There's still one more change I'd like to make: the
TypeError you get if an INT_HANDLER function (like NotStandalone and
ExternalEntityRef) returns the wrong thing is very unclear.

Anyway, could those of you who follow the Python CVS tree please try
it out and report any problems?  Thanks...

With the release of 1.6alpha1 impending, I'm not sure what course to
follow with the XML-SIG.  Currently I'm leaning toward making a 0.5.4
release that's compatible with 1.5.2, and then starting a 0.6 branch
that can use 1.6-only features.  (Mostly this is because I don't want
to drag wstrop around, given that 1.6a1 has different Unicode
support.)

If you have a browser from CERN's WWW project (World-Wide Web, a distributed
hypertext system) you can browse a WWW hypertext version of the manual...
  -- Guido van Rossum, 19 Nov 1992 [First mention of the Web on python-list.]