[XML-SIG] repost: getElementsByTagName interpretation

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:21:08 -0700

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Paul Prescod wrote:
> > Minidom does not do live nodelists.
>
> Is minidom now the 'official Python DOM'? I.e. what's the status of
> 4DOM at the moment?

Official according to whom? :)

Obviously if minidom got into Python 1.6 that would be a certain kind of
officialdom. As long as 4DOM remains the primary DOM distributed with
the xml package that's another kind of officialdom. There is no
suggestion of phasing out the merged 4/PyDOM package. It is minidom's
grown up big brother.

"If I say something, yet it does not fill you with the immediate
burning desire to voluntarily show it to everyone you know, well then,
it's probably not all that important."
    - http://www.bespoke.org/viridian/