[XML-SIG] Python 1.6 XML APIs

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:29:33 -0500

Well the first priority would be the four proposed for Python 1.6.

PyExpat is pretty obvious and it is supposed to be used through a SAX
interface so I won't worry about it.

The SAX interface needs a name and drv_pyexpat isn't going to cut it. I
propose just "saxparser". Today it uses Pyexpat under the covers. Maybe
a year from now it would user Xerces.

minidom is a miniature DOM: I can't get much better than that.

pulldom could be pulldom or eventdom or streamdom or streamobjects or
xmlobjects or xmlstreams or streamxml or xmltokens or tokenstreams or
tokenxml ...

And then there is "saxlib", a sax library.

All in all the only name I am not 100% happy with is pulldom (and
probably drv_pyexpat).

Floggings will continue until morale improves.