[XML-SIG] PyExpat changes

16 Jun 2000 17:08:38 +0200

* Lars Marius Garshol

| I would be happy to see this change. However, I assume that this will
| break a lot of code.

* Andrew M. Kuchling

| I was thinking of just leaving the old function & method names in
| place, and only documenting the new names.  I can leave the attribute
| names alone.

Aha. That works fine for me, although it might be better to document
the old names as being deprecated. Some people learn from other
people's code, while others learn from documentation.

| I really don't see the need of a Python wrapper class.

With your solution I agree that there is no need. But I still think it
would be nice to call ParserCreate something else to give the illusion
that it is a class.  I think the entire API as it now stands is simply
importing the ugliness of the expat C API into Python and I would be
happier if we could make it look more like a normal Python class.

I have no idea how much work is required, but this is what I would
like to see.

--Lars M.