[XML-SIG] Pyexpat

tpassin@home.com tpassin@home.com
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 22:10:16 -0400

Ivan Van Laningham asked
> Hi All--
> I've "installed" the PyXml distribution (0.5.4) and downloaded pyxie
> (from Sean McGrath) which uses pyexpat.  Despite having the pyexpat.dll
> in my winnt directory, it refuses to import:
<snip/>
> I know that when I get the answer to this, I'll be deeply embarassed
> since it is almost certainly something stupid that I'm doing/not doing
> (have we left anything out?), but I am prepared.

 I had trouble getting pyexpat to import too, on Win95/98.  Right now I have
it in both C:\Program FIles\python\dlls and C:\Program
Files\Python\xml\parsers.  One of them works, but after all these months, I
forget which one did the trick.  You need it in a python directory, rather
than just a windows path directory, I think.

Tom Passin