[XML-SIG] XML support in Python 1.6

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:18:37 -0400

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 11:23:03AM -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
>Sorry, I'm dense and forgetful and don't follow the question. What does
>James Clark need to do? I've talked to James about licensing issues but

Expat 1.1 doesn't build a libexpat.a file, so you have to list all the
object files inside expat.  Modules/Setup.in assumes that libexpat.a
has already been constructed; it doesn't list all the object files.  I
sent JC a Makefile patch to build libexpat.a; I haven't checked the
semi-public release of Expat at thaiopensource.com/whatever-it-was to
see if he incorporated it or not.

Molesters and foul abusers of comfy chairs and imitation Edwardian sideboards,
deflowerers of teak coffee tables and meek landscape paintings and ...
  -- The Interior League described, in ENIGMA #5: "Lizards and Ghosts"