[XML-SIG] packaging question

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 02:12:15 -0500

Greg Stein wrote:

> >   Yes; I've re-read your proposal and Martin's patch.  I don't want to
> > worry about *how* until it's clear *what* the right result is.
>
> You know... sometimes it is important to just *DO* something rather than
> talk endlessly about whether it is perfect or not.

As I understood it, you had already done it and were waiting to check it
in pending enough + votes. Now Fred is gathering the + votes!

As far as I can see, everything is working as it should, thus far!

> How long has this subject been "on the table"? Too long.
>
> There has been a lot of people talking, trying to be heard about this or
> that. It would be nice to actually see people doing something other than
> typing text into their email clients.

Collaborative design requires people to use email. I think you've
misdiagnosed our problem. The problem is simply that Fred and Andrew
make all final decisions and they can only give xml-sig at best a
fraction of their attention. Plus, they tend not to rule by fiat. So
threads tend to die out without anyone "ruling" one way or another.
Nevertheless, we still get where we are going.

New from Computer Associates: "Software that can 'think', sold by
marketers who choose not to."