[XML-SIG] Great Reason for 4Suite Release delay

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:46:59 -0600

Paul Prescod wrote:

> Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> That's amazing progress. Dare I hope that some of that is in your DOM
> and XPath which are useful even beyond XSLT?

Paul,
    Alot of the changes were in XPath as well.  One example of changes
is the order that we did Steps in.  We used to Select the axis and then
apply the node test to each in the axis.  This was fine for child::, but
horribly slow for descendant::  So now we do both at the same time.

Mike