[XML-SIG] SAX Namespaces

04 Jul 2000 11:08:50 +0200

* Lars Marius Garshol

| I know, but it's much better to simply modify the output from expat
| (preferably in C source) than to implement namespaces in Python.

* Paul Prescod

| I'm not clear what route you are advaocating:
|
|  [...]

What I mean is that expat already has namespace handling, but with an
interface that is tuned for C and not for Python.  I think that rather
than just directly translating the C interface into Python we should
try to make it more convenient.

At the moment expat represents namespace names as 'uri localname'.
What I would want pyexpat.c to do is to turn those cooked strings into
('uri', 'localname') tuples. So it's not a matter of reimplementing
anything, but just of improving the interface.

--Lars M.