[XML-SIG] PyXML in Python 1.6: Drawbacks

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 03 Jul 2000 13:21:13 -0500

"Jérôme Marant" wrote:

> Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> writes:
>
> > That's right. That's why we have a DOM 1 implementation in the
> > distribution and an "evolving DOM" implementation in the PyXML package.
>
> I think I understand now. You'll include every XML stuff that hasn't
> changed for ages in a Python release and you'll keep pyxml for
> evolving stuff, right ?

Right!

> > So? I don't understand your point? If these things become available,
> > they will be put into the pyxml package. It isn't going away.
>
> I thought that PyXML would disappear after its integration into
> the next Python release. That's why I was a bit suprised.

Some had proposed that for a later release (e.g. Python 1.7) but I agree
with you that the pyxml distribution is a useful home for things that
are evolving.

The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm that
made the modern world possible.
	- The Advent of the Algorithm (pending), by David Berlinski