[XML-SIG] PyXML in Python 1.6: Drawbacks

Jérôme Marant jerome@IDEALX.com
03 Jul 2000 18:47:11 +0200

Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> writes:
=20
> That's right. That's why we have a DOM 1 implementation in the
> distribution and an "evolving DOM" implementation in the PyXML packag=
e.

I think I understand now. You'll include every XML stuff that hasn't
changed for ages in a Python release and you'll keep pyxml for
evolving stuff, right ?
=20
> So? I don't understand your point? If these things become available,
> they will be put into the pyxml package. It isn't going away.

I thought that PyXML would disappear after its integration into
the next Python release. That's why I was a bit suprised.

--=20
J=E9r=F4me Marant <jerome.marant@IDEALX.com>

| IDEALX - Open Source Engineering / Ing=E9nierie Open Source |
| http://IDEALX.com                                         |