[XML-SIG] PyXML in Python 1.6: Drawbacks

Jérôme Marant jerome@IDEALX.com
03 Jul 2000 18:10:57 +0200

Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> writes:
=20
> No, XML itself has not changed in three years. That's why we have had
> XML support in for at least a year and a half...maybe longer. We are
> just improving that support. Some of XML's related standards do change
> rapidly. We are not providing support for most of those.

DOM is changing (DOM 2.0 and 3.0), XML Schema is coming and there is
a plenty of standards that have no implementation or unfinished ones
(XForms, XPath, XSL, etc) in Python.

Moreover, tools like xmlproc are still not finished.

--=20
J=E9r=F4me Marant <jerome.marant@IDEALX.com>

| IDEALX - Open Source Engineering / Ing=E9nierie Open Source |
| http://IDEALX.com                                         |