[XML-SIG] PyXML in Python 1.6: Drawbacks

Jérôme Marant jerome@IDEALX.com
03 Jul 2000 09:42:51 +0200

Hi,

Integrating as many modules as possible in Python 1.6 is just stupid.
Every module has to be considered one after one.

PyXML is the kind of module that should stay independant, for the
following reasons:
- XML and all related standards rapidly evolve
- PyXML is made of third party software that have their own life cycle
- some pieces of software do not fully implement those standard, and
frequently improve.
- new software could be integrated (XSL implementations, for instance)

So we must NOT make PyXML releases depend on Python releases: We cannot
wait for a new Python release to get a new PyXML version.
Please forget about it !

--=20
J=E9r=F4me Marant <jerome.marant@IDEALX.com>

| IDEALX - Open Source Engineering / Ing=E9nierie Open Source |
| http://IDEALX.com                                         |