[XML-SIG] Future plans

05 Jan 2000 17:30:34 +0100

* Lars Marius Garshol

| SAX2 will have namespace support, but the actual form of it is
| uncertain at the moment.

* uche ogbuji

| Actually, it has settled down, and is probably pretty much
| determined at this point.  There was much good debate about it on
| XML-DEV.

I've read through the debate, but I've failed to notice any
agreement. However, I've printed out the main posts for perusal at
home, so maybe I'll find it there.

* Lars Marius Garshol

| I've also been thinking that we may want
| qualified names to be represented as tuples, either
|
|   (namespace name (URI), localpart (element type name), prefix)
|
| or
|
|   (namespace name (URI), localpart (element type name))

* uche ogbuji

| I think it might be more natural to always make it a triple, and
| simply have '' as the third item when there is no namespace.

No prefix, you mean? I agree, but the question is whether we really
want the prefix here or whether we should just always use a binary
tuple.

--Lars M.