[XML-SIG] Future plans

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 09:13:23 -0700

> |      * What about namespace support in SAX -- what's the status of SAX2?
>
> SAX2 will have namespace support, but the actual form of it is
> uncertain at the moment.

Actually, it has settled down, and is probably pretty much determined at this
point.  There was much good debate about it on XML-DEV.

> I've also been thinking that we may want
> qualified names to be represented as tuples, either
>
>   (namespace name (URI), localpart (element type name), prefix)
>
> or
>
>   (namespace name (URI), localpart (element type name))

I think it might be more natural to always make it a triple, and simply have
'' as the third item when there is no namespace.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants