[XML-SIG] small installation problem

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:24:36 -0500 (EST)

Harri,
  This is (in part) a distutils issue.  The distutils package should
always create this directory if it doesn't exist.  Raw Python
installations should not create it, since adding it to the search path
would slow down the module search.
  Greg, I don't know if you're reading the XML-SIG list, so I'm adding
the distutils list to the list of recipients.

Harri Pasanen writes:
 > I installed PyXML-0.5.3 on Solaris 2.7 following the README
 > instructions.
 >

 > python setup.py install
 >
 > failed at first, because of missing
 > /usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ directory.
 > That directory does not appear the be created when Python 1.5.2 is
 > installed from the tar-ball.
 >
 > After manually creating the directory, the install went through without
 > complaints.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>