[XML-SIG] XBEL tool and remard about its DTD

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:25:55 -0800

> goulu@i.am wrote:
>

> By the way, the problem I have is that XBEL DTD at
> http://www.python.org/topics/xml/dtds/xbel-1.0.dtd does not support
> "european" accented characters such as יאמצ... I think it should as
> long as some billions people on this Earth will use a different
> language than English...

A DTD cannot prohibit you from using a non-English character. You can
either do it directly with a Unicode text editor or you can use
&#some_unicode_number; syntax.

"The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm that
made possible the modern world."
        - from "Advent of the Algorithm" David Berlinski
	http://www.opengroup.com/mabooks/015/0151003386.shtml