[XML-SIG] [Bug #126275] pyexpat.c doesn't match docs or SAX parser

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:09:29 -0700

> > Hmm.  So what's right?  The C code or the SAX driver and docs?
>
> My guess is that this has nothing to do with Parse(), the function
> works correctly. Instead, the problem is that pyexpat invokes a
> callback on the content handler, and *that* call has problems with the
> number of arguments. Most likely, it's a call to characters, which
> occurs frequently when a DocumentHandler is used in a place where a
> ContentHandler is expected (i.e. in SAX2).

Aieee.  Just so.  I need to stop raising alarms when I should be sleeping.  By
the time I glanced at the PyArg_ParseTuple I had already convinced myself what
the bug was, so I quite readily read it wrongly.

Culpa mea.