[XML-SIG] qp_xml

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:21:41 +0100

In article <20000809115629.F19525@lyra.org>, Greg Stein
<gstein@lyra.org> writes
>On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 03:46:40PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:
>> Is qp_xml.py dead. I tried the version in 0.5.5 and it objects to the
>> attrs list being passed by pyexpat to the start_element method. I guess
>> either qp_xml has changed or pyexpat has.
>
>qp_xml is alive and may even be going into the 2.0 release. There was a sync
>issue between qp_xml and pyexpat. I believe it was fixed in 0.5.5.1.
>
>At the moment, it looks like nobody has removed duplicate stuff from PyXML
>after the shift of some functionality into Python itself. I believe Python's
>pyexpat module is the latest. In any case, 0.5.5.1 or the latest PyXML CVS
>will get you running.
>
>Cheers,
>-g

Yes I see that I'm using old pyexpat with new qp_xml.

Has pyexpat improved? I'm having trouble beating Aaron's pure python
recursive descent parser and qp_xml with old pyexpat running on
hamlet.xml. His hackery gives 1.65" and qp_xml does 2.2"; I'm fairly
sure his parser isn't complete, but it is a bit weird that the C
tokenising etc doesn't beat it by a mile.
--
Robin Becker