[XML-SIG] installation of xml toolkit

TR Hockamier tab@codexsoftware.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:55:47 -0700

Greetings,

I am having some difficulty installing the PyXML-0.5.3 toolkit.

Here's what I have done:
- installed distutils
- added the python/distutils and python/distutils/command to my path
- unpacked the .tgz file into my D:\Temp directory - this created the
PyXML-0.5.3 toolkit sub-directory
with other subdirectories under it.

The installation how-to says to run a make on the code but I do not have a
C compiler installed.  Is this required?
It appears that the ../xml folder is there....

So I tried running:  python setup.py build - received and error telling me
it could not import the Build package

Tried running:  python setup.py install - same thing, could not import the
Install package

Any ideas on how to get this to work?  Item 4 in the install how-to says
that an xml/ package will be created under the site-packages/ directory -
can't I copy this over?

Thanks for any help you can offer
Tab - Codex Software.