[XML-SIG] CORBA compliance for the DOM in Python?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 22:59:30 -0500 (EST)

Andrew M. Kuchling writes:
 > Reviving an old issue, should I go ahead and make this change?
 > (Renaming get_parentNode() to _get_parentNode(), and so forth, in case

  Per our conversation here, I was going to play a little with using a
Java DOM implementation via JPython, just to see if we could do
something that would work with both.  I haven't had time yet.

 >     (The get_*() probably can't go away completely, though, because of
 > external documents such as Sean McGrath's Python/XML book.)

  This one hurts; I really don't like leaving it in if we're actually
going to change it.  Do you know if the book has gone to press?
  This makes me want to rethink using the IDL mapping, but the catch
is we need to if we are going to use general code to operate on
arbitrary DOM trees, including remote ones.  Without this, there's
little point to using ANY specific interface.  ;-(  We may end up with
multiple flavors of the interface, which I consider evil.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>