[XML-SIG] HtmlBuilder

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:14:13 -0500 (EST)

Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com writes:
 > Another problem I often see in hand-made HTML files is improperly nested
 > tags.  I wonder if there is a clean way to detect those errors?
 > Actually, I guess the ignore_mismatched_end_tags will fix this specific
 > error.  When the </b> tag is read it will pop off the open <i> tag as it
 > always did, then the </i> tag will be ignored with the new fix.  Never mind

Jeff,
  Well, this specific error would be handled, but not a lot of
variations.  That's probably something best handled by a sub-class, as
you'll probably identify a lot of weird cases, and many may be
specific to the group of authors you're supporting.  Grail includes a
few hints buried throughout the HTMLParser and GrailHTMLParser
classes, but no concise listing of the problems and workarounds we
developed.  I think having an "HTML Fixer" class would be really nice!
  As an aside: expect a new Grail release in the near future.  There
are a few maintenance issues, and a license that will make more people
happy!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191