[XML-SIG] HtmlBuilder

Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:08:10 -0500

Another problem I often see in hand-made HTML files is improperly nested
tags.  I wonder if there is a clean way to detect those errors?

Example:

Actually, I guess the ignore_mismatched_end_tags will fix this specific
error.  When the </b> tag is read it will pop off the open <i> tag as it
always did, then the </i> tag will be ignored with the new fix.  Never mind
:)

Thanks for adding this to the CVS tree!  I've already told my HTML hacker
friends that I can now work with and fix their buggy web pages for them.  A
few months back I swore to them that Python XML was the greatest tool I
knew of to change their banner code but then I couldn't read half of the
files due to bad end tags.

Cheers,
Jeff

"Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us> on 03/08/99 12:31:03 PM