[XML-SIG] dtddoc

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
14 Jul 1999 11:50:36 +0200

For a while now I've distributed a DTD documentation tool with xmlproc
as a demo of how you can use the DTD parser and API in xmlproc. I
developed this further because I needed it, and today I've sat down to
package up and release the result.

dtddoc extends the xmlproc demo by using documentation written in XML
to generate HTML documentation from the DTD and the XML documentation.
I hope to be able to extend it later to produce DocBook RefEntry
documentation, XML documentation which adds information from the DTD,
a skeleton documentation file generator and perhaps also some form of
support for other formats than HTML, such as PDF, TeX etc.

You can get dtddoc from:

Comments and suggestions are very welcome, and expected, since I know
that the DTD and functionality are far from complete. I have to return
to other projects now, though, so don't expect further developments
for a while.

--Lars M.