[XML-SIG] "&" and "<" within a string

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
13 Jul 1999 21:47:43 +0200

* wask@mcc.com

| saxlib is throwing exceptions when I use "&" and "<" literally
| within an attribute value of type string, as it should.

The first thing to realize is that it's not saxlib that does this, but
whichever parser you are using.

| However, if I define
|
| 	<tag> name= "R&amp;D library" value="&lt;ROOT>/lib" />
|
| I still get an exception (apparently, the parser accepts the ">" and
| "/").
|
| Am I interpreting the spec correctly? Any suggestions?

What is the exact error message? Where in the document is it thrown?
And what does your document really look like? (The example above seems
to have some non-fatal typos.)

Sorry to be so unhelpful, but I found this message impossible to
decipher.

--Lars M.