[XML-SIG] Big Bug? (was:Pretty-printing DOM trees)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:48:52 -0800

Christian Tismer wrote:

> Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >
> > Hello Christian
> >
> > I have investigated the problem further:
> >
> > "xmlproc" requires *ALL* attribute values to be enclosed
> > in either single or double quotes.
> >
> > The problem is caused by your
> >
> >    <Darreichung zulassungsnummer="29117.00.00" code="200523" datum="010195" status=F>
> >
> > more precisely, the "status=F", where the "F" is not enclosed in quotes.
>
> Aaahh, oh, whow, thanks.
> Maybe xmlproc should be a little more forgiving for this case
> and not skip beyond ">" but just skip (or repair) the attribute.

It should *NOT* repair the attribute. That will simply encourage poor
XML authoring. It should report the error properly (or, alternatively,
the error should be responded to properly).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/